Monday, August 29, 2011

“If the good Lord’s willing and the creek don’t rise”………


 
Today began my beach-count down! What a great way to start a week, counting down the days for a much needed trip to relax on the beach for 12 days!! No doctors, no needles, no tests and no IV treatments. Just me, my tag-team support group, a few books and sand & sun! (Well really shade under the umbrella. But you know what I mean)!! :-) Of course me being me, before I could stick my toes in the sand, I had to throw in an unexpected trip to see my favorite doctor!
Since my neck surgery, November 29, 2010, I have had issues with my bladder. Not the leaking issue some women experience. That problem, the one that makes you fear sneezing or laughing too hard! No, that's not the one. My problem has been the opposite. I have to make myself go and then sometimes I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas, wondering if it will ever arrive! So, all of that waiting and wondering caught up with me, an infection. Yippee, antibiotics, an Rx for 5 days. Actually I was on a pretty good run there for a while. Since starting my IgG blood treatments I haven't had an infection or needed antibiotics. So I'm thankful for the “antibiotic-free” 7 month stretch.
I was also there to see the doc because I have the sinus crud. Sniffling, sneezing, coughing, aching, stuffy head and the whole bit. Since he knows that I just love rinsing my nose out with one of those blue booger-getters that’s was he suggested I do, along with a recommendation to rid myself of the Mucinex Man. "Mucinex In, Mucus Out". Right, well, we’ll see. For twenty bucks he had better pack his bags and get out!! On second thought, I think that he or his raven haired nurse through a nasal spray sample in my purse. I’ll have to check that later…….
To make matters worse for the beginning of my count down week I’m dealing with my RSD. (If you don’t know what I’m referring to please read the blog titled “Wake Up ...... It's Time To Take A Nap.”)
The bone crushing feeling in my left ankle began last night and has gotten worse throughout the day. I hobble in on one foot and tell the nurse I’m there because my nose is running and my t-t’s not! Ain’t that a hoot! Well, it would have been if I had been up to hooting. But trust me, there’s just something about feeling like your foot is broken to pieces that makes a person not feel like hooting!
As I stumble and stagger my way into Walgreen’s I was thinking that I would skip the Rx, the booger-getter and the Mucinex and buy me a cast for my foot.

As my sweet Aunt Lois always said, “If the good Lord’s willing and the creek don’t rise”………this chick is going to the beach Friday!!


Love and prayers to all!!
Skeeter

No comments:

Post a Comment