Friday, September 16, 2011

A Mother's Love

Everything in life is a result of a decision. For me, I have decided that I will not have a negative attitude regarding the current state of my health. My choice is to remain positive so I will not drag down those around me, those people who love and care for me. It’s not fair to them or me to be sad or depressed. This choice surprises people and seems to downplay to others the severity of my issues and the pain associated with the conditions. But what’s the point of having a negative perspective on the situation? I know that I am being cared for and a gloomy approach to the situation will not change things.
To say I never have moment of sadness would be untrue but those times are seldom and short-lived.
I was reminded in a sermon at church that I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Tears streamed down my face throughout the words delivered by our pastor. I had recently been wondering why I seemed to be falling apart if my God is perfect and I was made in His likeness. I am far from perfect. My body and health have failed me but I know that God designed me and I am a treasured possession.
God takes care of the birds in the sky. So why should I worry? His love encourages us to care for His creations. Even the smallest birds that fly are cared for. How many red “nectar” feeders have you seen hanging in yards or on back decks? Many if you live in the south.
People say they witness, in early spring, hummingbirds returning to same spot where a nectar feeder hung the year before. It’s as if the bird is looking for that same feeder. Birds have the ability to “hone in” on a location and return to the same area the next year. This method is not completely understood, say bird experts. John James Audubon, American bird painter and ornithologist, wondered if it was true that the same birds returned each year to his farm in New York. To prove his theory Audubon tied a silk thread to a young phoebe’s leg one summer morning. Come spring the same bird returned and nested in the place it was hatched the year before.
Yearly my mother prepares her feeders and plants flowers to attract hummingbirds that return to drink from her many feeders and flowers scattered on our back deck. Through her patience and loyalty these birds are taken care of during their yearly period of migration. God takes care of the birds through a variety of means, one being my wonderful Mother who is faithful to create a sanctuary for her yearly guests.
Just as God cares for the birds in the air and He cares for me, my Mother cares for the birds and cares for me as well. I have no worries regarding my care. I have my Father and my Mother looking after me.
"Look at the birds of the air, that they do not sow, nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not worth much more than they?”  ~ Matthew 6:26
 Thanks for your time.
Love and prayers to all,
Skeeter

2 comments:

  1. Love this post...thanks for being able to put your feeling on a blog. I am a big blog reader and love how everyone shares a part of their life... Tracy Reed

    ReplyDelete
  2. Skeet, I've learned that as we go through trials, pains and heartaches the Lord is preparing us to help someone else who will experience the same or a very similar circumstance. You may never personally know some of the people who are being encouraged by your blogs, but the Lord is keeping track of them all. Lately, it seems all I've been reading about in my daily devotional time is that we need to be storing up treasures in heaven. Girl, you'll have lots of them! Praying for you to experience an overflow of God's grace each day. Oh, and I love the picture of Aunt Sandy...it's a perfect example of how we are to share the sweet taste of God's love!
    "Let me tell you why you are here. You’re here to be salt-seasoning that brings out the God-flavors of this earth..." Matthew 5:13

    ReplyDelete