Thursday, September 15, 2011

Beach Believer


 
Let me go ahead and be up front with you now, if you don’t agree with the teachings of Jesus Christ you may not like this particular blog.
I can say honestly that throughout my sicknesses I have not questioned God "why". I have wondered many times what He wants me to learn through my sufferings. Discipline. Trust. Patience. Courage. Perhaps to strengthen me. Constantly I am reminded of this question because my pain never stops. Healing is possible. But if healing is not His plan then I must acknowledge that my pain may be a tool that will touch others. Possibly, through the words of this blog, people will feel more compassionate or have a deeper appreciation for things that they take for granted. Or have a desire to be grateful for their good health or possibly if they are an unbeliever they will be brought to Jesus Christ.
I still believe that God can heal me. But I have to accept what is happening in the here and now otherwise I could possibly fall into depression or lose hope. No matter what, I must trust God’s purposes in the midst of suffering.
"I consider that the present sufferings are not worth
comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us." ~ Romans 8:18

The combination of my illnesses have a broad range of symptoms but have one common marker, pain. But God always provides. I have things that some people do not have; Unbelievable support from my family, a doctor who understands and who has been very good to me, prayers from my family, friends, my home church and from what I’ve been told and to my surprise, many other churches have my name on their prayer list.
Even those times when I look away for just a moment and allow myself to feel a bit sad about my circumstances there is always that still small voice that reminds me no matter what my situation is, God will provide.
I recently spent several days “relaxing” at the beach. It was a wonderful trip and a reminder to me that God is with me everywhere I go. Even though I can take a trip away from home my illnesses go with me. As I sat on the beach, my back aching, my feet burning and feeling one sharp pain after another, I compared my bag-of-symptoms to the load-of-sin that some folks carry with them where ever they go.  I can’t run away from my pain but sins can be lifted with a simple earnest prayer asking forgiveness.
Looking at the beautiful white sand and the vastness of the ocean I was reminded just how awesome a God I serve. How wonderful He has been to me and how I am in awe of His marvelous works.
Psalm 139 David speaks of God’s handiwork. He says in verse 17, “How precious to me are your thoughts God.” And goes on to say, “If I could count them, it would be more than the grains of sand.”
If I could rid myself of this load of pain and sickness with one prayer I would. So why would a person carry a load of sin if prayer would remove the burden, lift their spirit and renew their soul?
“If we confess our sins He is faithful and just to forgive our sins and
cleanse us from all unrighteousness.”  ~ 1 John 1:9
Thank you for your time, your love and your prayers. I pray that God will “open to you the windows of heaven and pour out so many blessings that you will not have room for it.”
Love and prayers to all,
Skeeter

No comments:

Post a Comment