Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Who's Worth A Spoon?

As I read a FB post this morning it was a sad reminder that summer will soon be over. My favorite time of year seemed to have slipped away like unnoticed sands in an hourglass. How could this have happened? This season was supposed to be my time to plant flowers, weed the beds, mow the grass, take care of the pool and swim at my leisure. When in reality, I did very little of those things during my favorite smoldering hot months.
I replaced those much loved chores with doctor’s appointments, medical tests, surgery, IV treatments, days in bed due to pain, naps due to medications that make me groggy and days which I could not swim because my immunoglobulin IV treatments drop my core temperature and I am unable to enjoy the warm water of our pool.
It’s a harsh reality that due to my illnesses, unless there’s a healing miracle in store for me, my life will never be what it once was.
I was reading the following link which reminded me that if I have only a handful of “spoons” each day, then I have big decisions ahead of me. It involves every family member and friend. If each comprehends this analogy then they are proving their love for me and their understanding of my illnesses.
I don’t have an unending supply of “spoons” like most healthy people, so I must only give my spoons for special events and to special people.
Those people who love and care for me will be getting my spoons. You know who you are. The people who drive me to appointments, run my errands, keep the masses updated when I have had a fall or am sick, those who call or send me thoughtful notes or cards, those who look me in the eyes and tell me you pray for me, those who bake cakes, cook dinners for me, and sometimes even serve me when I’m too tired, sick or sore to get out of bed.
With each diagnoses, I lose spoons. So I don’t have many when I start each day. I know that God will provide for me, He already has with all of those people I have listed above.
Thanks to each and every one of you. And thanks to those who care enough that you use your time to read my blog. It means more than I can say.
1 Thessalonians 5:18, "In everything give thanks for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."
Love and prayers to all,
Skeeter

No comments:

Post a Comment